"The imagination is a spiritual aperatus, a luminous explorer of the world it discovers." Fredrico Garcia Lorca

Friday, December 22, 2006

A New Cover


The cover of the book had been bugging me for a while, the binding looked too decorative and light weight compared to the simplicity of the rest of the illustrations. By making the binding fuller and bolder it is now more in sync with the simplicity of the drawings.

I have also started sketches for my next project; an abecedary (alphabet book). I was looking for a project that gave me a lot structure with an abecedary I know how many pages and the focus of each one. I tend to be more creative when I work with limitations.

What I have so far is that it is going to be a square book with pages at least six by six, I am waiting to see what words I come with to choose a theme or media to use but I have narrowed it to lino prints, collage, or a mix. The advantage of the lino is that I can make more than one copy. In fact as I am writing this I am picturing a book mixed of prints and altering the pages also.

Well before I can begin that project I have one more face to sew for the mouth book.

No comments: